10.31.2008

Response to "The dog in the picture..."

Originally I was going to comment on her post, but at some point I realized it was probably too long. Plus it is something I am very passionate about and take very deeply to heart. Here's her post. 

Entering your class I had respect for you because you are a doctor and you had to do an insane amount of work to receive that piece of paper. Also, because you are more than willing to believe that your students may actually have some insight. It's refreshing to have fair treatment in a class room. After reading this post, I have even more respect for you. I have a tough exterior but animals pull at my heart strings. Taking in stray dogs is an amazing act of generosity and you are a remarkable person for doing it. I believe in karma and one day you are going to get your just reward.

I'm seeing dogs around big stores more often and it kills me to see them with collars, lost and confused. I look at these helpless animals and I think, how heartless do you have to be to just wrongly abandon something so innocent and caring? It doesn't take that much effort to drive them to a no-kill shelter or give them to someone who will love them.

Recently I've come across this amazing organization called New Leash On Life. In essence it saves dogs and finds loving homes for them. As more and more people find out about NLOL, they grow larger and develop more great programs. Check it out.

No comments: