10.16.2008

Where Am I Going?

Where am I going? Only time will tell. The future is a fairly loose concept, it changes from one second to the next as we keep changing our minds. Who's to say where I am going to be in the next year, five years, fifty years? I am going to be making bank as a VP of Marketing at some fortune 500 company like Pac Sun? I am going to be acting a blockbuster movies with Daniel Radcliffe? I am going to be the next Oprah? Who knows? I am going to have a medioacre job where I live to work? Absolutely not.

I may not know where I'm going, but I know where I'm not. I'm not going to end up a middle class schmuck who gets taxed more than they make, and get paid less than they deserve. I cannot live a life that revolves around how I'm going to pay the next bill. I've seen my parents do it and that kind of life, a half-life, just isn't going to cut it. My dream is to make enough money so that I can do all kinds of things. Like traveling around the world, having the nice house, having the car I really want, being able to buy things not just for me, but the people I love. While also having the time to do this. I want it all, and I know it won't come easy.

For now, I want to either be a VP of Marketing for a fortune 500 company or an agent for actors. I wouldn't hold on to that too long though. I used to want to be a lawyer, than a radio DJ, a professional soccer player, an actress, and an author. Currently my major is Business Administration with a focus in Marketing. The creative side of the job appeals to me because I enjoy creating new approaches to the way people view things or see things. Also, because you have to be a people person to make it. It's all about what you say and the people you can surround yourself with.

Luckily for me, I usually learn from my mistakes and get along with most people. Plus I have a determination and competitive drive that is unrelenting. I hardly want for much, sure I would enjoy things, but if I really want something, I will find a way to get it. At times, what I want changes because my emotions get in the way, but it usually ends up decently in the end.
Where am I going? For the next four to five years I'm going to college to get a bachelor of science or art in marketing while trying to be involved in other things around campus with possibly a job. After that, only time will tell.

No comments: